London and Kent
Salary - Competitive
M J Rooney Construction is an award winning busy and growing company working in the basements and fit out industry.
An excellent opportunity has been created for a Quantity Surveyor/Estimator to join our successful company which has been established for nearly 30 Years. We manage and design every aspect of the construction process in absolute detail. As a family run business, we take great pride in being the very best in this sector and set the benchmark for the rest of the industry.
Join our friendly, experienced team and help us continue to deliver the highest standards on an increasing portfolio of construction projects. These range from £2.5m multi storey basements and luxury housing to small £100k basement wine cellars.
We can offer excellent career progression.
- Assisting the Directors in producing tenders, including preparation 'take-offs'
- Regular site visits to undertake accurate measurements of the work, including evaluation of variations
- Production of project purchasing schedules, accurate project cash flow and cost and value reconciliations
- Preparation of interim valuations and client agreements as well as assisting in the preparation of final accounts
- Measurement and agreement of sub contract valuations and final accounts
- Previous experience within the construction industry
- Basic knowledge of different types of contract
- Computer literate and a proficient user of all MS office packages
- Ability to use rates and prices together with other project information to formulate commercial values
- Good spoken and written communication skills
We welcome part-time applicants
NO AGENCIES PLEASE!