Job Title : Apprentice Lifeguard/Leisure Assistant - Wickford Swimming Pool - Wickford
Wickford Leisure Centre are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work towards their Leisure Operations NVQ Level 2 and be part of a friendly team to provide a fun, safe and quality experience for all of our customers.
The job will involve:
• Effective communication with other team members
• Equipment setups safely and on time
• Maintenance of company standards at all times
• Provision of safe and effective pool supervision
• Building cleanliness and undertaking other various housekeeping duties
• Building and being part of a successful and well-motivated team
• Delivering excellent customer service at all times.
This is a full-time position and you will be required to work a minimum of 30 hours per week on a shift basis at your designated centre. You will receive on-going training and benefit from free use of the gym and swimming pool.
The programme is 12-15 months in duration and you will be employed on a fixed term contract. On successfully completing your Apprenticeship we would expect to be able to offer you continued employment and development opportunities.
Pay and benefits
£3.30 per hour apprenticeship wage paid from the start of your apprenticeship (including your training period).
Free use of gym and swimming pool, paid holidays and on-going training opportunities.
What will your training involve?
• Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Active Leisure, Learning and Wellbeing Operational Services
• Level 2 Certificate in Leisure Operations
• Level 2 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
• Customer service/ Sales/Marketing within the Leisure Environment
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities
• National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)*Certificate in Swimming Pool Supervision and Rescue
If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, in order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following.
• Jump/dive into deep water
• Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
• Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
• Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
• Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits